CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Football and The Flower...and then some!

The babies' first Halloween was fun...at least for their parents! Hank was a football and Hattie was a flower (her costume was originally a pea pod, but I decided to change it!). The law school had a trick-or-treat, so we took the babies and showed them off. And, really, who wouldn't want to show these two off?!

Here's our sweet little flower:



And here's our handsome little football:



And the two of them together (sorry for the poor quality...I took these on my phone camera):





Aren't they just delicious?! Naturally, they were a big hit wherever we went! Although, I did have to explain Hattie's costume a couple of times. The idea was there, the execution of said idea wasn't so great! Nate said that it looked like George Washington's wig, only pink and purple!

I got culinarily crafty (so to speak), and made these cookies that I saw on OurBestBites.com. BTW, I am totally in love with royal icing...I need to play with it a little more!



After Halloween (and by "after", I mean November 1st!) we had an absolutely beautiful day, so the babies and I took a walk to to the law school to trade car keys with Nate. It was a really nice walk (sorry, no pics!)...and I'm so glad we took it when we did, because Wednesday, the weather did an about face and it snowed. So, I pulled out these adorable warm bear outfits so the babies and I could go run our errands. And I can't get enough of my babies!!



So, with the cooler weather comes super cute warm clothes for the babies (aside from the bear suits!). Hank is in a rugby shirt and jeans that, frankly, scare me because they make him look so big! But he's still a handsome little devil (looks just like his daddy!!)


And Hattie, in her cute stripey sweater and jeans (the first pair of jeans that she's ever worn!). She looks so cute, I could eat her up, but like her brother, looks like such a big kid!



The hair on top of her head is getting longer, so I found these tiny little clippies, and think she looks so cute (and again, so big!)! I figure that if I start using clippies now, she'll be used to them later! Isn't this clippie so sweet?



I hope that this dose of the babies has been enjoyable! We are still loving Omaha, and Nate is enjoying law school! We are so grateful for the support that we receive from our loved ones, and are always praying for them!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Such adorable kids! Miss you!

lyndatenney said...

I LOVE THIS UPDATE!!!! The babies are getting so big! And i love the skeleton cookies! Callie, you are adorable. I just love your happy disposition! And i miss you TERRIBLY!!

Michelle said...

Love Halloween babies! Hattie was an adorable flower and Hank was so cute! Ialways think baby jeans make babies look frighteningly grown-up. Just quick put them back in those cute bear suits!

Ashton said...

I agree on the jeans! I love sweatpants, haha. I also love royal icing - ever since I made a gingerbread house for a contest a couple of years ago. It does magical things. I love bear buntings - we have some my grandma gave us. Sadly W is getting too big for his, almost, but C has a ways to go (thank goodness!) Very cute Halloween costumes.