Thanksgiving this year was full of firsts! The babies, of course, had their first turkey day, I made my first Thanksgiving turkey (thanks to Alton Brown and his "Good Eats" recipe...I'm a brining believer!), and it was the first Thanksgiving that we didn't travel. Nate had a short break from school, but his finals were the following week, so we didn't think it'd be wise to travel until after his finals were over. So, here are our little turkeys in their Thanksgiving turkey onesies (which I made with help from my friend LanaMarie). This was also the pic that I put on the card we sent to our parents and siblings.

Here is Hank, wearing the hat that came from Nina and Papa George. I. Am. Absolutely. IN. LOVE. With. This. Hat!! It makes me happy every time I get to put it on him! How can you not be in love with our little man when you see this pic? He is such a happy boy, and I can see his sense of humor already! He loves to entertain his sister, and thinks his Daddy is an absolute riot! No one can make him laugh as hard as his Daddy can!! This Mama can't possibly kiss him enough, he is just that yummy!!
Here is sweet Hattie, wearing the Christmas tutu I made for her. Isn't she such an angel? She is a chatterbox, and has the sweetest little voice (when she's happy, that is!) And those fingers might look tiny, but they sure have a pretty big guy wrapped completely around them! You know, I've never been accused of being a morning person, but when I go to get her out of bed, it makes me so happy to see her sweet, smiling face! She loves to smile at and talk to her brother, and I am so excited for their friendship to keep growing!
This was at our ward Christmas party. The babies were really good with Santa (no freaking out), and Hank thought the beard was completely fascinating! He didn't pull, but he definitely had his hands in it (which cracked me up!). Our ward is absolutely wonderful! Nate wasn't able to make it to the party, but I had plenty of willing hands to hold a baby (which is why I was also able to go to a cookie exchange for Relief Society). We have been blessed here in Omaha, it truly is a wonderful place with lots of great people!
Nate had his finals from the 5th to the 14th, and was completely worn out by the end! We are so grateful for the month-long break to recover!! We will head to Texas for Christmas, and to Utah for about a week after the first of the year. We are excited to see our families!
And now, please enjoy this little post-nap conversation between the twins to bring some Holiday cheer!!!
If the video doesn't work, you can find it here: http://youtu.be/6POTrtWHOBk
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!
2 comments:
YOU HAVE TO CUTEST BABIES!!!!
I can never get enough of this video! I've watched it 100 times!
Post a Comment