Saturday, April 16, 2011
34 Weeks...2 Hospital Visits...0 Babies born...
Things are good in Tenney Twin Land for the moment. Last Sunday night, I was having contractions, so Nate decided to call the hospital to see what we should do. Because the twins are our first, and I'm so far along, they suggested we go in. So...at about midnight, we headed to Baylor Hospital in Grapevine. I had filled out all the admittance stuff long ago, so all we had to do was sign a few forms, and I was soon hooked up to monitors (one for each baby's heartbeat, and one for my contractions) and we found out that there were contractions every seven minutes....however, I was not dilated at all. So the nurse gave me a shot of something, (I can't remember the name of it, but it started with a "T", stung like a son of a gun, and made me jittery...it is also used to treat asthma) had me drink lots of water, and at about 4am we were discharged. The next few days were pretty much contraction-free, but then on Wednesday night, they started up again. I decided to try to sleep and see how I felt on Thursday morning. When I woke up on Thursday morning (nice and early at 5:30...dang dog, waking me up!), and was still having regular contractions, so we called in again and were told to come in again to check it out. When we got there at about seven, we found out that my blood pressure was a bit high, and I was dilated to a 1, but my cervix was not thinning. My blood pressure was monitored for a few hours, and when it came down, we were released with instructions for bedrest. So, I've been really taking it easy...with a VERY sweet hubby who has the patience of Job, and indulges me when I want something (seriously, the man is absolutely FANTASTIC)!! Next appointment is this Wednesday, so we'll have more word then!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
terbutaline :) I am so glad you're doing great still! I love the updates and am anticipating some really cute little twins, but I guess the longer you keep them in, the better (for awhile at least).
Its Stacey, not Owen :)
Yay! No babies yet it good news! Keep em cookin'!! We're glad to hear (but not surprised at all) that Nate is taking good care of you. Enjoy these last few weeks (or days) with each other and the precious silence that is in your home for just a short time longer :)
You are in my thoughts! Hopefully those babies will stay in for a few weeks more! But it sounds like they want to come out and play! They must know how cool their parents are! :) Can't wait to see baby pictures! But again, keep them in there for a bit! :)
Post a Comment