
When this is where she is required to spend her days (P.S. the above picture is almost exactly what I look like on bedrest!)? Let me first say that the babies are totally fine, active, healthy and growing like little weeds (Hank is his daddy's boy, measuring big at 3 lbs 14 oz, and Hattie is right on target at 3 lbs 2 oz)! They are doing really well, so no worries there!! At my appointment on Thursday, however, there was a slight shortening of my cervix, and so, as a precaution, I was put on "modified bed rest". Which is to say, I am to spend my days, well, resting!! The only time I can get up is to potty, shower, or eat. There was a time when that sounded like a bit of heaven...but truth be told, it makes for a veeerrrrryyyy long day. But I can't complain, as it means that our babies are getting the time that they need to develop in the womb! I do send myself on guilt trips, because there are dishes to be done, laundry to finish, etc. My Nate has been absolutely wonderful, though, and is taking care of bidness while I can't (and all after long days at work, bless him!). Last night, he made me a delicious steak dinner with baked potato and veggies, and it was AWESOME! I'm so grateful for my sweetheart. He's already being such a good daddy!!
So, back to the original question...what are some ideas for filling my time while I've got my feet up?
8 comments:
My vote would be to read, watch movies, or make something fun for the babes. Not very original or exciting but that's what I would do. :)
Sudoku? Ha ha, yeah like Kylie I would find a good book series and go to town. Maybe the Narnia series if you haven't read them. Or Fablehaven if you're into that (I liked them). Or the Boxcar Children. You know, stuff like that. I hope you know I'm kidding. Good luck, that would be absolutely awful after probably the first 5 hours. You are a good woman! Here's to happy/healthy babies!
CROCHET!!!!! it's super easy and super fun! and you can do that while watching tv, etc. or embroidery. You can actually also hand sew some little baby goodies for the kiddos on the way. you could crochet/ sew little booties, sweaters, hats, socks, etc. JOURNAL! start writing for the little ones. read of course. learn to weave! (basketry) it's easy and you can do that sitting down. make little baskets for the kiddos' things. ummmm.... HOw long are you on bed rest? oh you can needle felt. THAT is super easy!!!!
If I were in your place, I would make some cute onesies that have embroidered animals on them...I saw them at Joann's the other day and thought how adorable they are! While I was doing that I would watch a few seasons of something. I like to watch seasons on DVD because they are stories that keep going...much better than lots of movies. How about How I Met Your Mother? They are adorable!
http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Crafts-Baby-Bibs/dp/B004495O0E
Or like these cute bibs...
You could learn how hair bows for your little girl. There are alot of tutorials on the internet.
oh, i wish i was there to take care of you. it's funny cuz that does sound like heaven to me but i know after a day, i could go crazy. read and blog, blog and read. blog stalk some more. and craft away, love, craft away. keep those babies roasting...
well, you can take a vacation to omaha! i'm crossing my fingers that you can come. and that's funny that you said you love pirates cuz i was just thinking today how you were a pirate for halloween a few years back, i even showed chad the pic of you and nate in your costumes!!
Post a Comment