I never thought I'd be such a cliche', then I got pregnant. Times two. And I have come to realize that really and truly, a pregnant woman cannot help herself, try as she might!! Namely, the cravings, and the emotions (which change in three shakes of a lambs tail!).
There are a couple of cravings that I have had that literally became obsessions. First was horseradish, which was satisfied without much guilt...well, the horseradish itself didn't make me feel guilty, but the sour cream I mixed it in and the prime rib I slathered it all over might've caused a slight twinge of guilt.
The craving that would. not. let. go. was a Beef 'N Cheddar from Arby's. I literally salivated over that dang sandwich for TWO WEEKS before I caved (I called my sweet sister to help me justify it, which she sweetly did without hesitation). It was honestly the best Beef 'N Cheddar I have ever had. No question. It was on a night that Nate was over at a friend's house, watching the Rangers game. I had to grab a few things at the store, and on my way home, I went to Arby's. When Nate got home, I had his dinner ready, and told him that I already ate. When he asked WHAT I ate, I said "I can't tell you..." To which he replied, "You had a Beef 'N Cheddar, didn't you." I sheepishly admitted that I had. I tell you, that man has a sixth sense. Kinda creepy sometimes!
Then, last Saturday, on our way home from the ward Halloween party, I had a sudden desire for steak. My sweet husband stopped at the store so we could grab steaks and potatoes (if you know how much Nate loathes the grocery store, you'd see how this translates to an act of pure love!) and he made me the best steak. Ever. I even got to have my horseradish. It was awesome!!
The emotional roller coaster I have been on hasn't been too bad, to tell the truth. Kinda like Puff the Little Fire Dragon roller coaster at Lagoon. But last night, I had a moment that I cannot even begin to describe. Nate and I were on the way home from work, and Nate was being his usual, hilarious self. He was singing something that made me laugh so hard, I just about peed my pants...I laughed so hard it made me tear up. Then, as I'm laughing, I begin to bawl...really freaked Nate out, poor man!! I wasn't unhappy, mad, angry, or anything but amused and there I was, weeping like a two year old!! I realized at that moment, I was a cliche'. But I'm OK with that, eventually we'll have two little ones to show for it!!
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
THE BEEF 'N CHEDDAR!! I had the same craving. The exact same one. Holy smokes I think we may be soul sisters...why didn't we hang out more in Provo???
emotions all over the map are they?
Welcome to the world of pregnancy!!! It's only great that you get to experience it ALL. Some girls miss out on the cravings and emotions.. not me.
For me right now it is carmeled apples and chocolate pudding (not together) can't get enough!!!
Love ya girl!!!
I'm with you. I didn't realize pregnant women were not in control of their emotions until.....I got pregnant. It's really bizarre! I've eaten enough pizza....well, we won't talk about how much pizza I've eaten. In any form. Hot pockets, bagel bites, real pizza, cheap pizza, good pizza, it doesn't matter as long as it roughly resembles pizza. That's wearing off these last few weeks for some reason.
I can't imagine what it would have been like to know there were twins all along. And to have seen them as little as you have these pics! Incredible. We didn't get an ultrasound until 20 weeks....it was a big day, to say the least. Keep going! We're hoping we see our little guys in January but it might be December. Cross your fingers!
Post a Comment