We're so lucky we didn't get buried alive in there!! This was taken before everything was boxed up...this is maybe half of the boxes we ended up with. Many thanks to PDC, the Monahans, and the Provo liquor store for supplying our moving boxes!! On December 17th, we had our BYU 54th Ward show up in force to help us pack the moving truck and clean.
***Shoutout here to all our peeps from the 54th Ward: We love and miss you all! You guys made our time at THE BYU an experience we will always be grateful for!***
Moving Day: December 18, 2009
It was getting dark as we drove through the Southwest corner of Colorado, so by the time we reached the reservation in New Mexico, it was PITCH dark! Which is well documented by the New Mexico picture. No, this isn't the handwriting of a two-year old, or even a ninety-year old. It's the tail lights of the Budget truck as we headed across the darkest stretch of road known to man (which was also having some construction work done...which accounts for the complete lack of focus in this picture!). At any rate, I do think it's kind of a cool picture!!
Thank goodness that we stopped for the night when we reached Albuquerque. I couldn't stand any more driving!! We stayed the night at a Holiday Inn Express and woke the next morning with renewed vigor...OK, I was still dreading the long day of driving, but at least there was an end in sight!! We left Albuquerque around ten. FINALLY, around FOUR in the afternoon, we reached (cue "Allelujah Chorus") THE TEXAS STATE LINE!! OK, I have two pictures for this one, because by the time we reached this point, it felt completely momentous!!
5 comments:
WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, our ward is moving buildings and heading back to the 2:30 time. Don't you wish you were here...
I loved the BYU 54th ward. And I'm glad you guys thought to get a picture in front of your apartment...we didn't! But seeing yours made me miss the good old days in Provo. I'm glad you made it to Texas. Your food looks tasty!
Fried beefy deliciousness. Hee hee. I don't remember that. But I do remember following a Budget truck when you guys were headed the other way. Good times.
was it like the fried beefy deliciousness like we had in Childress coming home?
Papa, it's EXACTLY the beefy deliciousness we had in Childress.
Post a Comment