CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 14, 2010

Grand Adventures...otherwise known as little amusements!!

I have a plethora of pictures that need to be shared...where to start, where to start??? I know!! We'll start with Nate's new BFF...her name is Foxy. She is all of 7 lbs, and half of her mass is her hair. Check him out, lovin' on her:

She's a good girl, very sweet...and I'm not kidding about her being Nate's BFF, she adores him...her favorite place is right next to him, and he just eats it up!! So, I can't have Nate's BFF without showing pictures of my little buddy...his name is Rowdy, we go for walks in the park by the house (more on that later!!) and he weighs in at 17 1/2 lbs...that's right kids, he's a big boy!! And I'm going to put up my favorite picture of him...cracks me up every time!! Feast your eyes, friends; he's a clean doggy!!In late March, Nate and I decided to head South for a few days...and our trip to Houston was filled with firsts!! My first trip to the Gulf of Mexico:

I, for one, think that Galveston is a pretty nifty city...and I think it'd be a smash to have one big party down there with our loved ones!! Nate's first was Greek food at an amazing restaurant called Niko Niko's (featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives"). He really liked it...well, except for the dolmades, but I'm pretty sure those are an acquired taste (I have yet to acquire that one, myself)!!
For our 4th anniversary, we went to downtown Fort Worth, and stayed at the Fort Worth Marriott Worthington (GORGEOUS hotel!!). I regret to say that I didn't have our camera there...I set it aside to take, but forgot at the last second and had to use my phone. Dang my memory!! Anyhow, our anniversary weekend just happened to coincide with the Fort Worth Arts Festival. Several streets downtown were closed off, and there was music, food, and lots of people! It was awesome!! We had a gourmet dinner at The Chop House, and went to visit the Fort Worth Zoo. That is a great zoo!! They even had:

Yep...a Komodo Dragon. It was massive...the biggest dang lizard I've ever seen in my whole livin' life!! But that isn't all!!





Another really cool animal we saw was a Black Rhino...it was so cool to see these animals in real life that I'd only ever seen on Animal Planet!! I wish I'd had our real camera, because these two pictures don't even do the zoo justice. They had a king cobra...no joke, a KING COBRA that was as long as Nate is tall and that is seriously no exaggeration!! I never knew they were that long! The Fort Worth Zoo is definitely one worth seeing, and I guarantee that next time we go, I will have the camera!! The one animal that I was disappointed not to see there was an armadillo...lucky for me, I went to take dinner to Nate at work one night, and there was a cute little armored rat running around the Fidelity campus!! Didn't get a picture on him, though. Sorry!! He was kinda cute, though!!
So there you have it...our latest adventures. More to come...promise. It might just take another month and a half!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! We loved looking for Armadillos in Florida, then we found out they were like rats! We still thought they were cute too!

Carolyn said...

It's good to get caught up on what you guys have been up to! I'm glad you've had some fun adventures.

nanniepopop said...

I'm glad to see that you are still upright and taking nourishment. It is good to hear from you and know that life is good.

Nat said...

That picture of Rowdy looks like a freaking headless teddybear hamster!