Four pounds of cheese, four pounds of shrimp, four bags of salad, two packages of pepperoni, three cans of biscuits, five cans of evaporated milk, four packages of Keebler Fudge Shoppe cookies, two pouches of Uncle Ben's Wild Rice (one of Nate's favorites), two containers of cottage cheese, one container of sour cream, four cans of green beans, two large cans of mandarine oranges, Gillette body wash and deodorant, three Nivea lip balms and lotion, two boxes of Special K Red Berries, three 2-Liter bottles of Coke products, five gatorades, two boxes of Quaker granola bars, four 4-packs of Activia Yogurt, two 6-packs of Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt, and there are a few things missing...pork chops, a pork roast, a chicken, carrots and potatoes. All for about $100.00.
I LOVE THIS!! I need to practice to get better, but grocerysmarts.com and sheshopssmart.blogspot.com are invaluable resources!! These sites are only limited to certain areas, so I'll have to sniff out the best sales in Texas...but now that I know the power of the coupon, you can bet I'll be taking them to the store from now on!!
6 comments:
I love couponing too and am so happy you've learned it too! I use pinchingyourpennies.com it works in Utah and Nevada, check it out, it may be good in Texas too. I love getting a good deal and spreading the word that groceries don't have to be so expensive!
Someday when I'm a grownup I'll learn how to coupon. I love that "couponing" is a verb. Who knew?
Good for you Callie! I should learn this skill. Brilliant!
Go Callie! I'm super impressed! I need to try it more. :
ATTABOY GIRL!
This is awesome, but I have one question. How much of the food goes to waste? I know Nate is a big man, but I find that I tend to waste some of the "bargain" groceries because it's too much to consume before it goes bad.
Post a Comment