The Hamburglar...I only bring back my long, lost fast-food friend so that I can explain this next pic:
This, dear ones, is my "Hamburglar Shirt". I named it that when I tried it on in the store, because I couldn't help but have fond memories of McDonald's playland from the moment I put it on...I love it...I wear it...a lot! Nate has decided that since I wear it so much, I should probably buy some more maternity clothes so that I have a little more variety. Aaaand, I don't think he's particularly fond of his wife looking like The Hamburglar (better than Grimace, right? I think I need a fuzzy purple shirt now)! So, after I took this picture, I was surprised that three weeks can make such a difference in my size! I feel HUGE! But I most definitely realize that I'm pretty lucky to feel so good!! So, today we had a doctor's appointment. It was originally scheduled for Wednesday (the 9th), but because of this spastic Texas winter weather (Oy!), it was cancelled and rescheduled for today. I had to do the glucose test thingie, which meant that I couldn't eat anything sweet last night or this morning. BTW-Do you know how limited I am with breakfast when they can't involve "sweet"? It ended up being a piece of toast, a glass of milk, and a small handful of almonds...very, well, not sweet!! My appointment went well, my blood pressure is really good, and I've gained about 17 lbs total so far. Good news, no signs of preterm labor! We also had an ultrasound to measure (amniotic) fluid and the babies' heartbeats. They're looking good, and getting so big! Our next appointment is Wednesday (the 23rd), and after that we'll have weekly appointments. We'll post any new developments. Our love to all!!
4 comments:
Callie, you look great! And thinking about you as the Hamburglar made me laugh. :) I'm glad you're feeling great and that the babies are looking healthy.
Looking good Callie! I'm so glad to hear that you and those cute babies are doing well. Keep up the good work, it's not easy growing two little kiddos!!
You're looking fabulous - jailbird shirt or no. You're lucky though, I wasn't allowed to eat AT ALL before my glucose test. How sick is that to tell a pregnant woman not to eat breakfast?! I'm still mad about that one! :)
You really do look awesome! And I'm so glad those babies are doing a good job staying in there! You are way cuter than the hamburgler, but any excuse to buy more clothes is welcome in my eyes :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment