CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Review

Just a short post to give our highlights from 2010...

1. Nate started work with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and about two weeks into that, he then got an offer from Fidelity Investments...which was a nicer offer, so we/he took it.
2. I started work at Bed Bath & Beyond, then found a job at First American (which later became CoreLogic) that paid much better and was full-time, so we/I took it.
3. Nate passed his exams to become licensed with Fidelity...cuz he ROCKS!!
4. We discovered that Nate's insurance covers fertility treatments, so after three and a half years of trying, we could finally pursue parenthood more aggressively...so we began treatments in May.
5. Took a trip to New York City with our dear Monahans.
6. Nate turned 27 in June.
7. I turned 30 (gulp) in August.
8. Had a positive pregnancy test in September.
9. Found out that our baby was, in fact, two babies in October....TWINS!!
10. Got rear-ended on my way to work and had to fix The Angry Panda.
11. Went to my first Texas State Fair...and had awesome State Fair food...and maybe got a little queasy when I smelled farm animals.
12. Had a fantastic Texas Thanksgiving.
13. Found out that we're having a boy and a girl.
14. Drove to Utah for a wonderful/freeeeezing Christmas and New Years vacation.
15. Nate lost close to 100 lbs....and he's still kicking butt and taking names!! We owe many, many thanks to our friend Israel Allen, who has given us major help in getting better, healthier habits!

Of course, there are many, many more good things that have happened this year...this is just a few highlights. In the baby dept, we had an appointment with a perinatologist yesterday who thoroughly checked the babies out. He said they look great!! Our little boy weighs 14 oz., and our little girl weighs 11 oz...but before I could get concerned that our little girl wasn't growing enough, he told us that she is a good, normal size for 20 weeks, our little boy is just big! We have received many, many sweet gifts from loved ones to help us prepare for these babies, and we are truly grateful for such supportive family and friends!!

6 comments:

The Chaffin's said...

You guys have had quite the year!!! I'm so happy you guys are going to be parents and will be excited to meet the twins!!

The Nat Nat said...

I am so happy that you are had a great year! I want to see preggo pics, by the way...

Mary Anne said...

What a year, what a year! I am so happy for you guys. What a wonderful couple who is more than deserving of all these things!!! And HELLO! 100 pounds??? That's INCREDIBLE! I love weight loss stories, they are so inspiring to me. Good luck to you both with everything 2011 brings. Can't wait to keep reading about everything happening with you guys!

Stacey said...

We just love you Tenneys! I loved this review, makes me feel "not-so-out-of-the-loop". Mary Anne is right, WOW 100 pounds is awesome!! You guys had some amazing things happen in 2010 and have even more to come in 2011. Glad to hear the babies are doing so well. 20 weeks and 2 babies! Get a new picture of you with thoes babies and skinny minny Nate up on your blog! :)

Kaela said...

Yay! So many good things :) I want to see pictures! I want to see your bump.

Ashton said...

100 lbs rocks! Our son is (and always has been) just big. still has a 2 lb advantage on his sister. totally normal! Yeah - 22 weeks and finally looking preggo feels good!