One might take a look and say that it's not "that bad". I would say that the picture doesn't do it justice!! I'm notoriously clumsy, so I kick over all sorts of drinks and make lovely spots. Once the furniture was out of the way, I fired up the carpet cleaner and was feeling so grown up because I was being responsible and clean, or something like that! I started in the computer desk corner and noticed these weird hair/lint/dirt-balley thingies being left in the trail of the cleaner. I thought that the cleaner just had some residual stuff, but soon realized that these nasty little devil-dustbunnies were coming from my carpet...MY CARPET!!! So, naturally, I grabbed the camera to document the dustbunnies from hell!! Here's maybe an eighth of the total mass of them:
OK. That might be the grossest blog picture ever. However, it's the truth and sometimes the truth is downright nasty. THIS was coming from my carpet. I was walking on this stuff. Every day. For a year and a half. Sick. Anywho, after a couple of hours and about three tons of bunnies, I had beautifully clean carpet. It was so worth stomping around on wet carpet all day. I would not hesitate to do it again!! So, without further adieu, here is the end result:Beautiful. Many thanks to Wayland and Melissa Taylor for the use of that MARVELOUS machine! It worked a miracle in the Tenney house!!
4 comments:
I wish you had some sort of object next to the dust bunny for scale. I imagine it to be about tennis ball size... and then I want to throw up. But I'm sure my own carpet is much worse since it has been in this house since the 60s. Yike.
You're pretty much dead on with the size, dear sister.
it looks beeuteeful. i started to think what might by on my carpet and i literally gagged.
That's an awesome picture Callie, I'm terrified to think what the last renters bunnies look like on the carpet at our new place! SICK! Eww, and my daughter eats off the floor...I gotta do something about this!
Post a Comment